The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Papua New Guinea (ELC-PNG) is one of the major Christian Church in PNG. ELC-PNG has a membership of over 1.2 million all throughout Papua New Guinea. This is approximately 20% of the total 5 million population of the country. Lutheran in PNG was first establish in July 12 1886 in Simbang, Morobe Province by German missionary Rev. Johann Flierl.